GENERAL PRIVACY PROCEDURES
- Renews.us is currently an ‘under construction’ site designed to introduce Citizens, donors and partners to our plans to introduce a new experience of news media and civic engagement.
- Outside the log-in this site reports on the issues with news media’s business model and Citizen experience which have led to dysfunction in news media’s role in American democracy.
- Inside the log-in this site shares confidential details of our intellectual property and the ReNews initiative to restore trust in news media’s role in democratic governance.
- Citizens who use the Request a Login form will be reviewed prior to being given login credentials and may be given a login to access the confidential information inside this site.
- Some visitors requesting a login may receive one-time-use or short-term log-ins, depending on their role and area of interest. When their log-in expires those visitors may continue engagement with ReNews team members directly, or may request that their login be renewed.
- ReNews.us is not a product or marketing site and therefore we will never sell or share any data about our visitors with other sites.
- By accessing information inside the login visitors agree to treat the information as Confidential and for their eyes only.
- Any visitor wishing to share information with other Citizens must either make the request directly through members of the ReNews team, or suggest their contact use the Request a Login form.
- Outside the log-in we only track total traffic and page views in aggregate. We do not place permanent tracking cookies or handle third party cookies in any way outside the login.
- We do not handle third party cookies in any way inside the login.
- ReNews Context Services 501C3 will accept donations from charitable Citizen-members to subsidize equal access to news and context services for all.
- As part of transparency requirements of the Institute for Non-Profit News, ReNews Context Services will publish the identity of any donor of individual or collective donations over $5,000 in a calendar year.